Monday, February 27, 2012

Brooklyn Public Library Quilt Show

Libraries have a special place in my heart. 


Built in 1941, the Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library was designed to look like an open book.  Since I was a teen I've loved going there and I've spent many hours inside its hallowed halls researching, reading and dreaming.  But I never dreamed that one day, I'd have a quilt on display there. I've posted before about the quilt, 72 Degrees. Now it's on display in the Grand Lobby in the show Botanical Inspirations through April 28th. 


 
The Main Branch of the Library bears many inscriptions, both inside and out. 
One of my favorites is "Of all men's creations, books are the nearest to us, for they contain our very thoughts, our ambitions, our indignations, our illusions, our fidelity to truth, and our persistent leaning toward error." (Joseph Conrad)
72 Degrees 
detail



6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt, Barb! And what a gorgeous setting for it to be displayed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cool -- congrats on all fronts.
    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous to display something you're proud of in a place that you love. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cool! Outstanding quilt and having it displayed in your special place makes it even more outstanding! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The quilt is, no surprise, beautiful.

    xo Viv

    ReplyDelete