Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Japanese Garden

In 2002,  The Quilter's Guild of Brooklyn asked Bethany Reynolds to do a workshop for members.  She taught her pattern Talking Blocks. It looks like a traditional tumbling block but doesn't have any set in seams. Which means it is so NOT complicated and simple enough for a beginner.
For my main fabric I chose an asian with lots of different but related images. I fussy cut them so that the "box tops" would have variety but still be closely related. The quilt was machine pieced and quilted by hand.
After it was shown at the Guild's Tenth Anniversary Guilt Show ( A Guild Grows in Brooklyn)  in 2003, I gave the quilt to my BFF.  She designs gardens in a style I think of as asian fusion - japanese influence and native perennial plants.
Japanese Garden 2002
 45" by 35"

No comments:

Post a Comment